All participants and volunteers
Getting your hands and
learning about the health of
We are a non-profit group of local
hunters, fisherman, boaters, and law
enforcement, who wish to pass on some
outdoor experiences to the next
generation of kids and beyond in our
area. All for FREE of Charge for
Field Day Activities
- Canoing: Kids are paired up and supervised as they learn about water safety and how to handle a canoe.
- Waterfowl Hunting: Kids learn about the equipment needed to hunt waterfowl and how dogs are used. They
also see how the dogs are trained and watch them work.
- Casting: Kids learn about casting, structure and the different lures/baits used. They also learn about the fish in
- Environmental Studies of the Bay: Two combined groups head out on a journey with North Bay Adventures to
explore and become educated on the health, wildlife habitat and water quality of the bay.
- Safety Talk: Before the children start at the range they all sit in on a safety talk, ranging from range instructions
to the proper care of a firearm.
- .22 Rifle: With one on one instruction kids learn how to properly shoot a .22 rifle. They also get to shoot 10
- Shotgun: Clay birds are thrown for children to experience “shooting on the fly.” Stationary targets are also
- Muzzleloader Rifle: Kids are shown the process of shooting primitive black powder weapons from loading to
cleaning. They also shoot 3 shots.
- Bow and Arrow: Kids are instructed on the proper handling of a bow and get to practice aiming and shooting
the arrows at targets set up for their enjoyment.
Northern Chesapeake Sportsmen for Kids
Northern Chesapeake Sportsmen For Kids
Latest News: We have moved
our location for this years field
day about 10 miles down the
road on RT 272 South to
Elk Neck State Park -
North East River Area