All participants and volunteers
Getting your hands and
learning about the health of
We are a non-profit group of local
hunters, fisherman, boaters, and law
enforcement, who wish to pass on some
outdoor experiences to the next
generation of kids and beyond in our
area. All for FREE of Charge for
Field Day Activities
- Fur Bearer Trappers Education: Kids will get a brief overview and education on the art of trapping in Maryland
- Fishing: Kids will be taken out on the North East River with experienced fisherman courtesy of the Northern Bay
Chapter of Maryland Saltwater Sport fishing Association each kid will learn how to find fish, proper casting
techniques and specific lures to use to be a successful angler.
- Wood Duck Box Building: Kids learn about the Maryland Wood Duck Initiative program hear in Maryland and
the components of a successful wood duck box. Kids will break into groups to construct a wood duck box.
- North Bay Adventure - Exploring the Chesapeake: Two combined groups head out on a journey with North
Bay Adventures to explore and become educated on the health, wildlife habitat and water quality of the bay.
- Safety Talk: Before the children start at the range they all sit in on a safety talk, ranging from range instructions
to the proper care of a firearm.
- .22 Rifle: With one on one instruction kids learn how to properly shoot a .22 rifle. They also get to shoot 10
- Shotgun: Clay birds are thrown for children to experience “shooting on the fly.” Stationary targets are also
- Muzzleloader Rifle: Kids are shown the process of shooting primitive black powder weapons from loading to
cleaning. They also shoot 3 shots.
- Bow and Arrow: Kids are instructed on the proper handling of a bow and get to practice aiming and shooting
the arrows at targets set up for their enjoyment.
Northern Chesapeake Sportsmen for Kids
Northern Chesapeake Sportsmen For Kids
Latest News: We have moved
our location for this years field
day about 10 miles down the
road on RT 272 South to
Elk Neck State Park -
North East River Area